Prelox by Purity Products
Prelox Helps To Support:
- Four Clinical Studies
- Supports Healthy Micro-Circulation and Blood Flow*
- Promotes Male Sexual Health*
- Enhances Healthy Sexual Functioning*
- Supports Maintenance of Normal, Healthy Male Fertility*
A Patented Way for Men to Rediscover Optimal Performance
Age can take its toll on some of life’s greatest pleasures. Prelox® comes from nature to help you do what comes naturally. Prelox® is a patented all-natural combination of two clinically tested ingredients that supports sexual pleasure and performance in men. The two active ingredients are Pycnogenol® and L-arginine aspartate, both of which have been tested independently for safety and effectiveness towards human health. Together these ingredients promote nitric oxide (NO) synthesis, a key mechanism for improving sexual performance. While simple L-arginine by itself can influence male sexual performance, burdensome doses were needed for research subjects to be able to attain desired results.1
The Power of Pycnogenol and L-arginine Working Together
With Prelox® there appears to be a synergistic effect between its form of L-arginine and the Pycnogenol®, affording much smaller serving sizes per day to achieve outstanding results. The success of Prelox® in improving spontaneous response to sexual arousal was demonstrated in not just one, but four clinical trials—where men also experienced more confidence and frequency in their sexual activity.2
Recent findings from clinical research bring to light even more good news about what Prelox® has to offer: Prelox® promotes a positive influence on the maturation of sperm and the maintenance of normal, healthy semen parameters (measures of sperm health) in men although it has not yet been established if this would impact or influence fertility.3
What is Pycnogenol®?
Pycnogenol® (PYC) is the trade name for a specific standardized extract containing a concentrated blend of polyphenols derived from the bark of French maritime pine. Traditional use of pine bark was recorded by Hippocrates, dating its historic use to over 2000 years ago.4 More contemporary interest in the effects of pine bark on human health evolved from the chronicles of Jacques Cartier: his crew was saved from scurvy by consuming a decoction of pine bark & leaves recommended by Canadian natives in 1535.
Today, Pycnogenol® is prepared from the cleaned bark of timber trees from the pine forests of coastal southwestern France. Numerous types of safety studies have been conducted on this ingredient, and no safety concerns were noted.5
Pycnogenol® is mainly made up of procyanidins and phenolic acids, two classes of polyphenols that are valued for their antioxidant and other biological activity. In fact, Pycnogenol® has been studied extensively for its influence in several areas besides sexual health. Pycnogenol® has been noted as being able to influence cognitive function, cardiovascular health, immune function, inflammatory response, and other aspects of our biology—in large part due to the antioxidant strength of the polyphenols.4, 6
- Stanislavov, R., V. Nikolova, and P. Rohdewald, Improvement of erectile function with Prelox: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial. Int J Impot Res, 2007.
- Lamm, S., Prelox® for improvement of erectile quality. European Endocrinology, 2009. 5(1): p. 70-74.
- Stanislavov, R., V. Nikolova, and P. Rohdewald, Improvement of seminal parameters with Prelox: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. Phytother Res, 2009. 23(3): p. 297-302.
- Packer, L., G. Rimbach, and F. Virgili, Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radical Biology & Medicine, 1999. 27(5-6): p. 704-724.
- Rohdewald, P., A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology.International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 2002. 40(4): p. 158-168.
- Ryan, J., et al., An examination of the effects of the antioxidant Pycnogenol on cognitive performance, serum lipid profile, endocrinological and oxidative stress biomarkers in an elderly population. J Psychopharmacol, 2008. 22(5): p. 553-62.